How do we differ from using pallet networks and what are the advantages of using our services?
We are cheaper than pallet networks. We are one of only a few freight companies offering a truly one-stop-shop supermarket logistics solution for suppliers to the supermarket groups
If you are looking for an integrated, timely, cost effective logistics service, then we provide these solutions both within the UK and Ireland.
We do not operate in the same way as a general pallet networks, as we offer food grade warehousing and consolidation services all under one roof. Customers are able to log on to our warehouse management system and find out when deliveries are planned as well as receive scanned copies of original documentation, not just a general delivery note
SCS – Pallet consolidation services for deliveries to Supermarkets in the UK & Ireland
- We consolidate for many different customers
- We book our own slots and advise supermarkets of what is on the trailer
- We wait until we are tipped (no extra charges to the customer)
- Our costs are considerably cheaper and more efficient than the alternative
- Customer portal access to see date of delivery for invoicing out
- All customer Proof of Deliveries come together following week of delivery with the invoice
- A much more integrated call off and storage system with none of the associated hassle or inconvenience to the customer or supermarket
- Able to undertake large volume specials as well as day to day one pallet deliveries to each RDC (Regional Distribution Centres) in the UK or Ireland
- Goods are only loaded once, no trans-shipment takes place
Operational Information – Our Logistics Warehousing Hub
Please see an operational precis of our supermarket logistics services to the UK & Ireland :
- Deliver to each RDC six days per week Monday to Saturday, Sunday can be arranged
- 9 Loading / Offloading Bays
- 24/6 with Sundays 8-5pm
- Drop Trailer facilities
- Repack, Restack, Invert, Relabel facilities
- Warehouse based in Warrington, Cheshire
- Warehouse 45 minutes from Port of Liverpool
- Proof of Deliveries all have the customers logo on
Disadvantages of using Pallet Network systems when delivering to supermarkets in the UK & Ireland
- Pallet deliveries are expensive
- Haulier will not wait past 30 mins of booking time
- Goods get returned to hub and customer is charged for outward and return journey
- Goods need to be re-booked, customer receives notice of delivery failure
Charged again for re-delivery
We believe our consolidation services to both UK and Irish Supermarket groups offer significant advantages to our customers. We are cheaper, more efficient and offer better administration for proof of delivery than pallet networks.
Once your products are in our warehouse they will not be trans-shipped, merely loaded and delivered which reduces the risk of damage to your goods. Pallet network deliveries can be trans-shipped up to eight times, risking delays on delivery as you are only as good as the weakest link in the chain.
Quite simply, our services offer better value for money, minimise delivery miles due to lack of trans-shipment and managed administration so that pods align with invoices sent out following the week of delivery